Friday, November 11, 2011

Interview with Potential Cosplayer

I interviewed my friend Jeff who has been considering cosplaying for an outside perspective on what a beginner is looking for and considers.

How do you define cosplay?
Dressing up as something you can't be in real life.  

What about cosplay interests you?
It's fun to be something more than normal every once in a while.

How did you hear about cosplay?
I went to an anime convention and noticed how much fun all of the cosplayers were having and wanted to try it out for myself.

How many conventions have you been to?
I have been to the same convention for three consecutive years.
What kinds of characters have you considered cosplaying?
I have thought about cosplaying Roy Mustang. I've been interested in cosplaying the Master Chief [from the Halo games and novels].

What are you most curious about in reference cosplay?
Not just dressing up, but the whole act of pretending that you are the person you are cosplaying.

What is your view of the make vs. buy cosplay debate?
It's much more impressive if you can make a costume. Buying one is like cheating.

What kinds of construction methods do you think you will use for making your costumes?
I don't know a lot about construction methods at the moment since I don't currently have any experience making costumes. I've been doing a lot of research online to try to find out which methods are best for making different types of costumes.

Hopefully this blog can help with finding the kind of information you and Jeff need in regards to construction and putting costumes together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jeff should totally do Master Chief! haha that would be so cool, bad thing is that it would probably be a lot more expensive than Roy Mustang right? lol I remember a friend of mine told me he wanted to buy a realistic Master Chief costume but ended up not getting it because it was priced at like $800 haha! That's crazy but it would be so much fun! Like you suggest, I think making your own costumes is probably the best way of doing cosplay. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Rightly, this article that I've been served for therefore long. I want this article to finish my assignment within the faculty, and it has the same topic together with your article. Thanks for the ton of valuable help, nice share. Cosplayer

    ReplyDelete