Friday, November 11, 2011

Interview with Fellow Cosplayer

To give you some insight into the minds of cosplayers other than myself I interviewed one of my fellow cosplayers who is another college student and casual cosplayer to get his take on cosplay.

What was your first cosplay?
Mr. Popo (from Dragon Ball)
How do you choose a character to cosplay?
Ease of costume creation and silliness of the character.

How many conventions have you attended?
Five

Which one was your favorite?
I don't have a favorite.

What is your next planned cosplay?
Probably a character walking around with a school jacket on, carrying a clipboard, and wearing glasses.*

Have you ever cosplayed in a group?
I tried it once, but it was too much trouble.

What anime/manga was the group supposed to cosplay from?
Naruto  

Would you consider cosplaying with a different group?
*Shrugs* I would consider it.

*He is referring to Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club.

Tyler is the kind of person that proves that you don't have to take cosplay super seriously in order to have fun with it.

1 comment:

  1. Having been to a handful of conventions myself, I can definitely see how a group cosplay would be difficult. I have actually been asked to be Wolverine for a group cosplay once and had to turn it down because of the work involved. If I had some metal claws at my disposal,then maybe it would not be as difficult, considering all he wears is jeans and sometimes a muscle shirt. Heck I might look into making some claws and trying to pull it off next year. Considering I usually go every year anyway. Keep this blog going, its making me want to actually try out cosplay!

    ReplyDelete